Monday, January 25, 2010

The Pre-Blog, the "Plog" if you will


Sixty-two inches of luggage. Fifty pounds, or roughly 22.6 kilograms if you believe the conversion accuracy of "poundtokilogramconverter.com." That is real challenge lying before me. Packing for a voyage of undefined duration, spanning two continents and up to three seasons. The internal conversation I hold of 'What needs to come?' Passport and visa. Check. Dingo repellent and flamenco shoes. Check...

The bulk of my worldly possessions safely tucked away in a storage unit, something I affectionately refer to as a "luxury apartment for my crap," because I have, in fact, lived in places that weren't as nice, I tick down the clock. Mr. Branson will fly me over there to my host family, but once I land, the remainder is yet unwritten.

Thank you for joining OzBlog2010. I will try this as a user-friendly way to communicate while I'm on leave Down Under. Chosen as a communication medium because it is not technically a "social networking site," I will commit to updating this blog with posts every one to two weeks or until I lose interest. Be advised, you are under NO obligation to follow this blog, however, I will say that for those who make it to the end, upon my return, there will be a drawing for cash and prizes including, but not limited to, the grand prize of my autographed Samsonite Parklane Black suitcase with 4-wheel, 360-degree turning capacity. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a nice one.

For those of you wishing to communicate back, please use my regular e-mail account. I will also hopefully have a cell phone number in the next couple of days for those interested in calling. Thanks, and Hooroo (goodbye) for now.

2 comments:

  1. Miss ya already, Loralee. Hug a kangaroo for me but be careful... I hear they punch hard. (Roger Fisher)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of kangaroos, do you plan to eat any -- jerky-style or otherwise? I was dismayed to find out my sis-in-law cuddled with, then ate, Kanga and her little tyke, Roo.

    ReplyDelete